Join us - September 30th to October 7th, 2017.
For our fourth year in a row we are travelling the road of the pilgrim to the majestic Santiago de Compostela. Since 2014 our generous walkers have raised over €60,000 on our behalf for which we are very grateful. As in previous years, we ask each trekker to raise €2,000 in aid of Camphill Communities of Ireland.
We thought a change of scenery was in order so we have chosen The French Way route over five days with the final two nights in Santiago de Compostela.
From Ponferrada you walk 23km to Villafranca del Bierzo, a gorgeous mountain town surrounded by idyllic countryside. After Villafranca, a further 30km over two days, pilgrims are taken along a challenging ascent, including the village of Herrerias, to the mountains of O Cebreiro and into Galicia. O Cebreiro is a quaint mountain village of centuries-old thatched cottages in a region of outstanding natural beauty. After O Cebreiro, the Camino continues a further 21km to Triacastela and across rural Galicia along forest tracks towards Sarria, with the final 19km walk to Santiago.
Highlights of the Camino Walk, the French Way, 2017
- 100km over 6 days along the popular French Way scattered with quaint mountain villages and forest tracks with expert guides
- Starting in Ponferrada and ending in the marketing town of Sarria
- Final two nights in the magnificent Santiago de Compostela
- Savour good food, good company and local customs
- Mingle with pilgrims from all over the world
- Receive official certification upon completion
How To Register and Secure Your Place?
Complete an application form and return with a deposit of €200 made payable by cheque or draft to "Camphill Fundraising" c/o Camphill Communities of Ireland, National Office, Dunshane, Brannockstown, Naas, Co. Kildare W91 XV5T.
Your contribution covers :
- Return flights from Dublin
- Internal transfers and luggage transport
- Twin sharing accommodation (single supplement available)
- Dinner each night other than final night
It does not include medical/travel insurance which we recommend having in place before departure.
Further information from :
Michael Hilary M : 087 256 8810 E : email@example.com
National Offcie T : 045 483 735 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Fundraising support is available through our Everyday Hero Camphill page (https://nfp.everydayhero.com/ie/camphill/). Select Camphill Camino Trek 2017 from our events to set up your unique fundraising page and share with your friends, family and colleagues to help raise money for Camphill.