Minimum Age 18
Duration Permanent Contract
Purpose of the role
An excellent opportunity for a qualified and determined Social Care Assistant candidate to obtain a permanent role for this organisation providing one to one care supporting a resident with intellectual disabilities and Epilepsy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be an active part of the care team, the aims of which are to ensure that the residents’ individual personal and social care needs are met daily.
- To promote Person Centred Care.
- To oversee all aspects of the direct care provision to meet the assessed needs of the resident, which include: personal care, attending health care appointments, assisting resident with effective communication etc.
- To record any information about the resident’s daily activities as necessary.
- To accompany Resident to various meetings and leisure activities throughout the day.
- To report relevant information regarding residents to Management.
- Any accidents or incidents to be reported immediately to House Coordinator or the Person in charge
- To maintain confidentiality always in line with Camphill Communities of Ireland policies.
- To fully participate in and meet required standards of training deemed appropriate to the role.
- To be fully aware of health and safety standards and ensure compliance with same.
- To cook nutritious meals that have been chosen by the residents using Camphill’s organic produce.
- To participate in mealtimes and help create and maintain a homelike environment
- To participate fully in Camphill Ballybay’s festivals and celebrations.
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with resident’s family, advocates, social workers, officials from government agencies, local trades people and members from other Camphill Communities.
- To work effectively with full time volunteers; both short term and long term volunteers
- To maintain appropriate standards in compliance with HIQA standards
- To maintain high professional standards and confidentiality at all times
- Keep up to date with implementing good modern concepts of care
- This list is not exhaustive and is also subject to change with notice to candidate.
- Flexibility is important in fulfilling these roles.
- Qualification in Social Care or equivalent (Minimum FETAC level 5 full award).
- Be a conscientious person, with a passion for excellence
- Candidates are subject to Garda Vetting.
- Be a team player, helping to promote great working conditions, colleague relations and care to clients
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivator who can provide a holistic service of the highest quality.
- Candidate must be fully fit to undertake his/her duties, candidates will have to sign a medical declaration before commencing the post.
- Flexibility to work when needed.
- Willing to comply with Camphill Communities of Ireland Code of Conduct, Policies and procedures
- Willing to work within the ethos and values of Camphill Communities of Ireland
- Full clean driving license
- Training in Epilepsy management would be an advantage but not essential, however candidate would be required to partake in Epilepsy Management training.
- The Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA) Training is desirable but can be provided on appointment to post.
- Knowledge of Residential Care legislation including HIQA’s National Quality Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities, and others as applicable.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
All posts are subject to 6-month probationary period.
|Phone||+353 (0) 42 9748197|
Join Us at Camphill
Click to view our volunteer vacancies...