Part time Care assistant X2
Minimum Age 0
Duration Minimum 1 year
Camphill Communities of Ireland Ballybay
Camphill Communities of Ireland is part of an international charitable trust working with people with intellectual disabilities and other kinds of special needs.
The Camphill philosophy is that no matter what an individual’s disability may appear to be, the spirit - the essential core that makes us all human - always remains whole.
Job Title: Care Assistant
Reports to: Home Coordinator/Person in Charge
Purpose of the Role
To support the Home Coordinator in all aspects of the day-to-day running of the Community. Promoting a caring environment which provides our residents with a high standard of individualised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met.
To support the Home Coordinator to carry out, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to our residents, checking legal requirements are met along with keeping up to date with registration requirements.
Less formal, though equally vital to this role, is the development and maintenance of professional working relations with the residents' families and friends, social workers, officials from government agencies, advocates, local trades’ people and members from other Camphill Communities.
Be involved with the preparation and celebrations of festivals in the community.
Purpose of the role
An excellent opportunity for a qualified and determined Social Care Assistant candidate to obtain a permanent role for this organisation providing one to one care supporting a resident with intellectual disabilities and Epilepsy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be an active part of the care team, the aims of which are to ensure that the residents’ individual personal and social care needs are met daily.
- To promote Person Centred Care.
- To oversee all aspects of the direct care provision to meet the assessed needs of the resident, which include: personal care, attending health care appointments, assisting resident with effective communication etc.
- To record any information about the resident’s daily activities as necessary.
- To accompany Resident to various meetings and leisure activities throughout the day.
- To support residents throughout the night attending to care and providing support
- To report relevant information regarding residents to Management.
- Any accidents or incidents to be reported immediately to House Coordinator or the Person in charge
- To maintain confidentiality always in line with Camphill Communities of Ireland policies.
- To fully participate in and meet required standards of training deemed appropriate to the role.
- To be fully aware of health and safety standards and ensure compliance with same.
- To cook nutritious meals that have been chosen by the residents using Camphill Ballybay’s organic produce.
- To participate in mealtimes and help create and maintain a homelike environment
- To participate fully in Camphill Ballybay’s festivals and celebrations.
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with resident’s family, advocates, social workers, officials from government agencies, local trades people and members from other Camphill Communities.
- To work effectively with full time volunteers; both short term and long term volunteers
- To maintain appropriate standards in compliance with HIQA standards
- To maintain high professional standards and confidentiality at all times
- Keep up to date with implementing good modern concepts of care
- This list is not exhaustive and is also subject to change with notice to candidate.
- Flexibility is important in fulfilling this role.
- Qualification in Social Care or equivalent (Minimum FETAC level 5 full award).
- Be a conscientious person, with a passion for excellence
- Candidates are subject to Garda Vetting.
- Be a team player, helping to promote great working conditions, colleague relations and care to clients
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivator who can provide a holistic service of the highest quality.
- Candidate must be fully fit to undertake his/her duties, candidates will have to sign a medical declaration before commencing the post.
- Flexibility to work when needed.
- Willing to comply with Camphill Communities of Ireland Code of Conduct, Policies and procedures
- Willing to work within the ethos and values of Camphill Communities of Ireland including life sharing.
- Full clean driving license
- Training in Epilepsy management would be an advantage but not essential, however candidate would be required to partake in Epilepsy Management training.
- The Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA) Training is desirable but can be provided on appointment to post.
- Knowledge of Residential Care legislation including HIQA’s National Quality Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities, and others as applicable.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Post is subject to 12 month probationary period.
Hours of Work
The position is based in Camphill Ballybay and works 20 hours per week. The position includes working day, evening, waking night, and weekends
We offer a continuous care and welfare support, 365 days per year to the people who live in Camphill Communities. Arrangements for working hours will be agreed with individual employees based on the care and welfare needs of residents.
Camphill Communities of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Shortlisting will apply
|Phone||+353 (0) 42 9748197|
Join Us at Camphill
Click to view our volunteer vacancies...