1 Parttime Maintenance Support
Camphill Community Dunshane:
Camphill Community Dunshane, are seeking applications from energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our team for the following position.
Vacancy: Maintenance Support Worker
“Camphill Communities of Ireland work to create sustainable communities where children and adults of all abilities, many with special needs, can live, learn and work with others in healthy social relationships based on mutual care and respect.
Most communities are a home for both people with special needs and volunteers. Members of the community share responsibility for the tasks and cultural activities of day-to-day life.
- Maintenance Support Worker
- Estate Manager, Residential Coordinator, Person in Charge, Management Group.
- To maintain and repair work around the estate.
- Experience of building or construction industry and/or mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc maintenance and repair.
- Ability to work with people with Special Needs.
- Commitment to team working and working with a multi-disciplinary team to help support all aspects of maintenance and repair of the Dunshane Camphill site.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety policies.
- A full and clean driver’s license.
- Minimum five years driving experience.
- Good knowledge of local area.
- Wholehearted commitment to the principle of achieving agreed results within timeframe and budgets to ensure a healthy and safe environment for residents, staff and visitors.
- Qualifications in Construction/Carpentry/Joinery.
- Knowledge of and use of specialised equipment such as angle grinders, welding equipment, drills, chain saws, etc. to be able to use and supervise their safe use during maintenance operations.
- Understanding of electrical and gas appliances and their maintenance.
- Understanding the use of certain chemicals, lubricants, paints, adhesives and to use them appropriately and safely.
- Awareness of the parameters of the use of all the above and the need to adhere and to supervise adherence to all health and safety instructions issued by the manufacturer or products or machinery used.
- Assist Maintenance and Repair Workman in all necessary maintenance work as required (e.g. Carpentry, welding, plumbing, grounds work, decorating).
- Assist M&R Workman in the managing of housing stock including changing light bulbs/fittings, painting, servicing or having boilers serviced, maintaining or having motor fleet maintained.
- Carry out other duties consistent with the post as may be required.
- Support and promote best practice in maintaining the dignity and respect for people with special needs in line with the spirit and ethos of Camphill Communities.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Hours: 32 hrs per week
Contract: Initial one-year period subject to a 6-month probation.
Please direct all enquiries to Louise Bridgeman at 045-483958. Applications will only be accepted by email to email@example.com with letter of application and CV attached.
Closing Date for applications will be Thursday the 14th of February 2019
Please direct all informal inquires to Louise Bridgeman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Camphill is an equal opportunity employer
Type of Contract: Minimum 3 months Closing Date: 14 Feb 2019
|Dunshane Community View HereApply Now|