Read the personal experiences of coworkers who have spent a year as a Residential Volunteer in the Bridge Community
Find out more about voluteering in the Bridge Community as a residential coworker, supporting people with different levels of needs. Why not take a GAP Year or FSJ (Freiwilliges Soziales Jahr)?
In this Section
FEMALE CO WORKERS URGENTLY REQUIRED
Co-Worker / Vocational
Minimum Age 18
Duration Minimum 1 year
We are looking for motivated, energetic and responsible volunteers interested in joining our life sharing community to live and work alongside adults with special needs.
You will join a vibrant young team of about 12 -14 young adults between the ages of 18-24 from many different countries. The role involves living in a household in the community together with adults with special needs, supporting them in their day to day needs and work life. This role would best suit empathetic, caring and responsible people with a strong sense of commitment. Good English is essential and preference is given to those who can commit for the full year.
Please do get in touch with us personally to explore more about the role, we are very happy to answer any questions that you may have.
You can make contact by email or phone -
Contact Ben Gamble
on 00353 45 481597
or 00353 85 1311608.
A keen interest in adults with special needs is required. An interest in social care, art, music, farming/gardening, homemaking or a specific craft is an advantage. English language is a key requirement. Full training and induction into the role will be provided as well as mandatory external training. Reflective supervision is provided on a one to one basis at regular intervals.
Social Care House-Coordinator
Minimum Age 18
Duration Permanent Contract
The Bridge Camphill Community is currently seeking a highly motivated person to fill the role of Social Care House Coordinator
To manage and support the smooth running of a household for adults with special needs and co-workers in an intentional community by leading a team of volunteers in creating a positive living experience and an environment and atmosphere within the home in which the needs of people can be met. This role will involve:
- Inducting volunteers in the practical aspects of their roles and coaching / modeling desired ways of working on an ongoing basis.
- Creatively supporting people to develop and pursue their aims & goals and engage in their leisure interests as well as coaching and leading volunteers in appropriate ways to support people to achieve the same
- Overseeing and supervising supports in individuals personal and intimate care and ensuring that they are provided to the highest standard in a person centered approach
- creating a warm, homely and inviting home both atmosphere and appearance, conducive to the development of adults with special needs
- Ensuring that all issues in relation to health & safety, food, nutrition, cleanliness & hygiene, record keeping, keeping of proper accounts and compliance with Camphill’s policies and procedures are met to the highest standards at all times
- Engaging constructively with the management Group and communicate any issues or concerns proactively.
“Camphill Communities of Ireland work to create sustainable communities where children and adults of all abilities, many with special needs, can live, learn and work with others in healthy social relationships based on mutual care and respect. Most communities are a home for both people with special needs and volunteers. Members of the community share responsibility for the tasks and cultural activities of day-to-day life. Camphill is inspired by Christian ideals and the impulse of community building as articulated by Rudolf Steiner and is based on the acceptance of the spiritual uniqueness of each human being.”
The jobs purpose is to support the intentional community, in developing and formalising a person centred culture, and to achieve a high quality of personal outcomes in a time of rapidly changing regulatory requirements, while maintaining its ethos and values.
Key Requirements, Attributes and Qualifications for employees of The Bridge Community:
- Excellent communication, people management and problem solving skills, empathy and sensitivity to others.
- The ability to work collaboratively and motivate a team to enthusiastically support individuals
- Energy and enthusiasm, be highly motivated, reliable and have a flexible approach to working hours
- Good planning and time management skills
- An openness to the Camphill Ethos and alternative models of Social Care
- An Understanding of HIQA Standards, Regulations, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults and Duty of Care
- Work experience in a related area such as personal assistant/carer, community development or social care and/or community regeneration
- Experience in supporting people that display challenging behaviour
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- This post is subject to Garda vetting
Closing Date for applications will be on noon Wednesday the 05th July 2017
Candidates shortlisted for interview will receive notification by the 7th July 2017
for interviews being held between the dates 10th July to the 14th July 2017
Minimum Age 18
Duration Minimum 3 months
At the Bridge Community we always welcome new volunteers to join our dynamic team of volunteers. There are many ways in which people can volunteer in our community and many different areas, some of which are:
- An Tearmann
- House Workshop
- Garden Workshop
- Farm Workshop
If you have a spare few hours a week and would like to become involved in some way in our community do come in and chat to Ben Gamble who will be happy to discuss with you.
An awareness and interest in disability issues. The ability to work alongside adults with special needs, and volunteers while meeting the agreed developmental goals. Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity. Be highly flexible, honest and trustworthy. Excellent people, communication and problem solving skills.